Friday, October 27, 2006

The Singing Butler


I've got a new picture over the fireplace. It's called "The Singing Butler" by Jack Vettriano.

The original recently sold for more than $1.4 million. When you look up the artist on Wikipedia, you find out he apparently copied the figures from a artists' reference manual. In journalism, that kind of thing gets you fired. In the art world, it gets you rich. Go figure.

I told Deb I wanted to get the picture because I felt it symbolized what she and I had to do during the whole cancer thing. Yes, it's stormy outside, but we've got to keep dancing.

She agreed, but I couldn't get the picture until now.

Now it symbolizes what I feel she wants me to do and what I think I have to do. Yes, it's still stormy, but I'm trying to hear the music again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home