Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Our freebie lists

For the time being, I'm going to share little bits about our marriage, some of those things perhaps only we could appreciate. I didn't mean for this blog to become a shrine to what we had, but that's what it's become, and I don't apologize for it.

My wife and I had freebie lists. You know, people who if they turned up at our door and said to our spouse, "Come away with me for a weekend of wild abandon," we weren't allowed to object. We'd never do it, of course, but then again, the odds of these people showing up at our door was pretty slim to begin with, so it was more or less a moot point.

My wife's list was:
1. Johnny Depp
2. George Clooney
3. Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies
4. Any firefighter
5. Johnny Depp (he was allowed a repeat visit)

My list was a little more eccentric:
1. Bebe Neuwirth
2. The young Myrna Loy
3. Sarah Vowell (though we couldn't talk about God)
4. Allison Krauss
5. George Clooney

What can I say? Damn, that boy's charming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home